115 g unsalted butter
115 g light muscovado (brown) sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp sour cream
115 g self-raising flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy;
- Gradually add the eggs, beating thoroughly, then mix in the bananas, coconut and sour cream;
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking soda over the mixture, folding thoroughly;
- Transfer to a well-greased ring tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 45-50 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out to finish cooling on a wire rack.
115 g caster sugar
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp dark rum
50 g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small pan, mix the sugar and water then heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved;
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 2 minutes without stirring;
- Remove from the heat, then add rum and chocolate, stirring until the mixture becomes smooth;
- Spoon the syrup evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
mix of fresh tropical fruits, diced or cubed
- whip the cream with some vanilla sugar until almost stiff;
- fold in the tropical fruits;
- spoon the fruit mixture into the middle of the cake, then sprinkle the chocolate decoratively on top.