Espresso fudge brownies
3/4 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar, packed
125 g unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tsp powdered espresso (or if preferred, regular instant coffee)
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. roasted peanuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C. Grease and line the bottom of a 8×8 in. baking pan with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and powdered coffee.
- Fold in the flour, then the nuts.
- Spread evenly onto the baking pan an bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE or it will turn out dry.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Makes 16 pieces.
Serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or just on its own 😋