One of my favorite desserts—New York style baked cheesecake. In this version, I’m using a topping made of strawberries, strawberry jam, and strawberry jelly, although you can actually use any topping you like 😋
Basic NY baked cheesecake
10 pcs. Graham crackers (or any digestive biscuit), crushed
20 g butter, melted
1 tbsp sugar
450 g cream cheese
150 g caster sugar
90 ml milk
115 g sour cream
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract (NOT vanilla essence)
15 g all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C (350°F). Grease and line the bottom and sides of a 20 cm (8 in.) springform pan.
- In a bowl, mix together Graham cracker crumbs and sugar with melted butter. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the milk, then fold in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to make a uniform mixture.
- Fold in the sour cream, vanilla extract and flour. Mix until thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Pour the filling in the prepared crust and bake in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes. (NOTE: check for doneness at the 30 min. mark—the cake should come out of the oven with a «wobble»; if it sits fast, it has been over-baked)
- Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack, still in the springform pan,* for about one hour. Don’t be afraid if it shrinks/loses height—that’s normal. Chill in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
100 ml strawberry jam
1 plate gelatin
300 g fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1 packet strawberry-flavored jelly (good for 500 ml jelly)
- Soak the gelatin plate in cold water for about 5 min. Squeeze out excess water, then heat in a small saucepan over low heat until the gelatin becomes liquid.
- Stir in the strawberry jam and mix until well blended. Let cool for a while, then spread on top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Next, arrange a layer of the fresh strawberries on the layer of strawberry jam. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Finally, prepare the jelly according to the instructions on the package. Set aside for about an hour (depending on how long it takes for the jelly to set), or until the jelly has just begun to set but is still liquid. Pour on top of the chilled cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight, or until jelly has set completely.